• Pullet - yay!

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Roo - you have extremely bad luck

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
5ECE8D5A-A95C-4173-A7EB-F833C5B6A86F.jpeg
4256769F-20DF-432C-827B-C35C622EE1D2.jpeg
CE067955-2B78-48E6-BAF5-D3A7FFEB1CFD.jpeg
I vote pullet. My Marans seem to have had larger/ darker combs by that point. I have had Wheaten Marans, Cuckoo Marans and now have young Black Copper Marans. These are my young Black Copper Marans. I have 3 Roos and 2 pullets.

IMG_20180710_163956010.jpg
Hi, I bought 3 Cuckoo Maran females and 1 turned out to be a lot lighter than the other 2. The internet says the males are lighter. He is about 3 months old. His tail feathers are coming out longer and curved.

This is my cuckoo, everyone said he was a she because he is to dark, well he is 14 weeks and crowing.

Feedstore/hatchery chicks aren't perfect, and rarely are pure. Though bards and cuckoos are breeds that shouldn't be mixed with other breeds because it can mess up the color sexing it does happen.
20180708_105357.jpg

This is my cuckoo, everyone said he was a she because he is to dark, well he is 14 weeks and crowing.

Feedstore/hatchery chicks aren't perfect, and rarely are pure. Though bards and cuckoos are breeds that shouldn't be mixed with other breeds because it can mess up the color sexing it does happen. View attachment 1463984

Maybe I missed it but your may thread here everyone called cockerel on him. I didn't respond because I agreed with the masses. He's handsome!

Maybe I missed it but your may thread here everyone called cockerel on him. I didn't respond because I agreed with the masses. He's handsome!

Eventually they did but that wasn't the first time I had asked either. I got my buy chewed bu one person saying there was no way he could be Male before that thread

Back
Top Bottom