Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

He's beautiful....what a great face!! They just give and give to us.... I saw a quote the other day that said 'Your dog will never get up one day and say "I don't love you any more".' Maybe that loyalty is part of what makes them so precious.....it's a hard thing to find elsewhere. Sorry for your loss.... :hugs

I have found that dogs love you unconditionally.

lTjtdjKvM6dep7Vnz7j2d-o1WNIJiEXOcoigxSVPRnIJNyZ6W6Z-Vxf9hv1lh0C1X5nOYYJTphDpqppI5uV0FAoSNR5jIpIQflgV0pzf0be-txHfn3d2G2J79Ai2SwnfdQW5Kga1_HLA0F8WC7HZPYqtArwze3VkXxiGKPWrKvz1gR3762ZzFgS5JHnhPJxyk7LSko6gEltcTLSPaHbmeqpt0zL6r7yuLS3J7DufYwIC6zzjlbLagg8Ebud8UNxAqLKacBgZr1oZ3R-u_ubqtQiBIYP8-11wAiFuuPIewj9WklIYYs9ADGfiRDWJbXNiSqtRP8o88lZ_zm7X9A3-_OyeYVqS9ZDUcupoR7361blel5GBL6TMF4X4DzbPfw5MzpewOu-mNnCgAG-M2NNVFZMUg2m1T452atGyfRpjka-2yV59wqXgtfz3TWMJO8n_PwI-j7L1nppkny6inGFS=s0-d-e1-ft

Dog Finds New Home
That headline, at face value, isn't very newsworthy. But this story takes the meaning of those words quite literally.

Jack and Emily Jokinen live in Philadelphia with their daughter and their dog, Jorge Pawsada. Last month, in the middle of the night, something very unusual happened in their home that would change their family.

In the wee hours of December 14th, Emily got up to feed their one-month-old daughter. After, she went down to the kitchen to get a pacifier. That was when she first saw the puppy, curled up on the floor, sleeping. But...the Jokinens don't have a puppy. Her mind couldn't make sense of what she was seeing. She went upstairs to wake Jack. He was just as confused, understanding the words she was saying while not being able to make sense of them.

"The front door was locked, the back door was locked, windows closed, everything, " Jack said, (and yet) "there was kind of this mystery puppy in our house, and we had no idea how it got here."

Upon closer inspection, it turned out that the intruder was an extremely thin dog. She was wet and cold, so hadn't been inside for long. But how?

Much of the mystery was soon solved by checking the security camera mounted outside their front door. Jack had taken their dog out just before going to sleep. When he returned, he pulled the door shut, but it didn't latch. By 3:16 am, when the cold and wet dog trotted by on the sidewalk, the Jokinen's front door was wide open. After a couple of tentative starts, she decides to go inside. About 20 minutes later, the footage shows a good Samaritan walk by. He notices the open door, sticks his head in to look around and then pulls it shut. Aha!

The dog was in very bad shape and the Jokinens decided to take "Suzyn Pupman" to an emergency vet clinic. They learned that she was about 8 years old and only weighed 19 pounds, about half of what she should weigh. She had a hurt leg, worn paw pads, dental problems, and lots of fleas. She'd been on her own for a while. And she had no chip. They authorized doing whatever needed to be done to help her.

With the cold weather that arrived shortly after, it's hard to say what would have happened to her if she didn't find them. Jack took to social media to tell the story and most of the comments suggest that "Suzy" has already picked her new forever home. They have looked and continue to look for her family, but in the meantime, it looks like Jack and Emily have a new dog! She's putting on weight and fitting right in with the rest of the pack.

As Jack summed it up, "Of all the bad things that could happen when your front door is left open in the middle of the night, to end up with a sweet dog who just needs a good home, I mean...wow."

Absolutely meant to be. A very heart stirring story.

Good morning, all!

Happy to see @N F C , @CarpCharacin , @MaryJanet and @Oz chic!

Bright sunshiney day here. My husband came up with a new bird-herding program a couple days ago that has been working perfectly. Who knew it was that easy. After a couple of times packing everyone from the barn into the coop, I had given up and was only picking up who I could snag easily. Turns out we could "shoo" them out of the barn with the pop door open and the light on in the other coop and they'd all mosey right in :thI know, I know...seems obvious :p

Good morning, everyone!

What a handsome boy :love
Thank you! He has my heart the way you are all talking about dogs, but then there's Ruby, she has my heart too. And the chickens... I love all my critters!!!
Hviti is beautiful!! And that's a great photo....shows him off to advantage! It is nice to get to know everyone's pets....I'm enjoying that too. They are such a big part of our lives....it never seems like you know a person until you let them share about their pets. Thanks for the info.....give Hviti and Ruby pats from me
Unlike Ruby, who gets really concerned when I try to take a picture of her, Hviti thinks everyone should want to take his. :gig

I just thought of a reason. I had to have some xrays of Ruby a few months ago and it showed someone had shot her dead center in her chest with a BB gun. 😢 Maybe she thinks I'm going to shoot her with my phone. :confused: Just another mystery of her obvious bad start in life.
This was Gryphon, my once in a lifetime best friend. Trained in search and rescue, therapy dog, and got me through a 3+ year battle with cancer. Lost last summer after 12.5 years.
Wow. He's gorgeous. He came into your life for such a time as that battle.
The

NSW is down from 183 to 68 at last news release, so going good, the closest to us is about 40km (24.8 miles) away, and all that is between us and it is bush, so a bit worrying.

the next three days are meant to be really bad, temps over 104f, so all we can do is wait it out. We are getting a heap of smoke from them, but so far that is all we are getting.

We just desperately need rain, it is pretty much all that will put them out now.
That is so scary! Prayers for your safety!!! 🙏
Thank you! Do you think I can eat the egg, or should I not eat the "first" egg after molting?
We've been eating ours and haven't keeled over yet. :D
Oh it is really bad down that way, so much bush has gone, so many animals are gone, houses destroyed, it is heartbreaking to see. the fires down that way are still burning now, they are in for a bad weekend too.

I am 46 and this is the first bushfire season that has had me scared, I mean really really scared. At one point we had fires on all our exit roads, that has never happened before. We would have been in right trouble if we Needed to evacuate.
It is all so heartbreaking! The animals! It's hard to watch on TV, and you are living it. :hugs

A favorite town in California, Laguna Beach, had a terrible fire one year, and the next year, except for scorched trees, you couldn't tell it had happened. Houses were rebuilt, all the brush came back Australia will rise from these ashes. Praying for rain!!! 🙏
Good morning, all!

Happy to see @N F C , @CarpCharacin , @MaryJanet and @Oz chic!

Bright sunshiney day here. My husband came up with a new bird-herding program a couple days ago that has been working perfectly. Who knew it was that easy. After a couple of times packing everyone from the barn into the coop, I had given up and was only picking up who I could snag easily. Turns out we could "shoo" them out of the barn with the pop door open and the light on in the other coop and they'd all mosey right in :thI know, I know...seems obvious :p
I love that! I find herding easier than chasing too! :D

Back
Top Bottom