Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

Facepalm.gif

P2032335.JPG

Usually Cash sleeps between our heads. I'm just surprised he didn't wake me up this morning as I'm a pretty light sleeper.

Because he is diabetic he eats a special, high protein 0 carb food along with his insulin injections. Problem is, the other cats love the food so we have to keep it picked up and set it down when he wants it. At 135 dollars a 25 pound bag, it's a luxury the healthy cats can't enjoy.

I lost 50% of my run nets to the recent snow/ice storm we had here. Finally got the 50% that were ruined up off the ground and the uncovered run blocked off from the other birds so they could get outside.

They are calling for freezing drizzle tomorrow night here. I'll probably have to replace more nets after that!

I love the pic of the two little ladies in the nest. We were able to get 6 bales of oat straw from an Amish neighbor. I stuffed the nesting boxes full. The birds found it delicious!

I have been working on the coop today. The pop door hole is cut , and the door is made and painted. Once it dries I will attach the hinges and the latch.
One more window to put hardware cloth on, and that will be done. Put the hooks up to hang feeder and waterer from. 2 more boards on the ends of the roof.
The bantam cochins had to inspect the new coop today, and the pop hole. One of the roosters got green paint on him. So now i can tell them apart, lol.
20200203_151342.jpg

I have the Mule loaded up, going back at it soon. I think I likely will sell the turkeys. There is just too much to do when I don't feel good, and hubby doesn't help. Most of the quail will be sold too. Need to cut back the feed bills.
How are your critters doing, IM?
Are you still feeling crummy Cap? I know what you mean about hubs not helping. I have to do it all for the most part.
My animals are good. Waiting for a few to grow up but getting eggs every day.

Usually Cash sleeps between our heads. I'm just surprised he didn't wake me up this morning as I'm a pretty light sleeper.

Because he is diabetic he eats a special, high protein 0 carb food along with his insulin injections. Problem is, the other cats love the food so we have to keep it picked up and set it down when he wants it. At 135 dollars a 25 pound bag, it's a luxury the healthy cats can't enjoy.

I lost 50% of my run nets to the recent snow/ice storm we had here. Finally got the 50% that were ruined up off the ground and the uncovered run blocked off from the other birds so they could get outside.

They are calling for freezing drizzle tomorrow night here. I'll probably have to replace more nets after that!

I love the pic of the two little ladies in the nest. We were able to get 6 bales of oat straw from an Amish neighbor. I stuffed the nesting boxes full. The birds found it delicious!
I'm afraid that will happen here if we have a heavy snow. My netting has 1" openings so I'm hoping the snow will fall through it. So far, with the light dustings, that is what has happened. :fl

Back
Top Bottom