Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

Cold here. They were calling for 2-4 inches of snow then downgraded to 1-2. Fine with me. We just got rid of the last of the 6+ inches we got last week.

Our on demand hot water heater blew up last night. Not a big explosion. Thank goodness. It didn't shut off completely when I turned off the hot water. I turned on the hot water, turned it off again. It shut down like it was supposed to and when I turned around it sounded like somebody had shot off a rifle in the bathroom. Next thing we knew, water was pouring out of the heater which is in the bathroom. We've had whole house on demand hot water heaters for almost 15 years and this is the first problem like this that has occurred.

We spent much of the morning finding a replacement which will be here on Friday. Until then, thank goodness it's not 95% humidity outside and we can heat water on our wood stove.

Cold here. They were calling for 2-4 inches of snow then downgraded to 1-2. Fine with me. We just got rid of the last of the 6+ inches we got last week.

Our on demand hot water heater blew up last night. Not a big explosion. Thank goodness. It didn't shut off completely when I turned off the hot water. I turned on the hot water, turned it off again. It shut down like it was supposed to and when I turned around it sounded like somebody had shot off a rifle in the bathroom. Next thing we knew, water was pouring out of the heater which is in the bathroom. We've had whole house on demand hot water heaters for almost 15 years and this is the first problem like this that has occurred.

We spent much of the morning finding a replacement which will be here on Friday. Until then, thank goodness it's not 95% humidity outside and we can heat water on our wood stove.
Yikes!
Makes me grateful for my old fashioned 50-gallon tank heater.

Oh no! That must have been quite a mess!

Back
Top Bottom