Dang! Rooster went psycho overnight...

littlefarm_bighappy

Songster
11 Years
Apr 2, 2008
Our very pretty "exotic" that we got with our chick order is no more.
He was a Silver Spangled Hamburg (I hear a lot of people got these this year) and was very shy and retiring until yesterday. My 4 YO was in the backyard when I went inside to put some juice away. In the three seconds I was gone, my girl started screaming like she was being stung- I thought she had found a yellowjacket wasp. Instead, our Silver hamburg had attacked her and was chasing her!

When he saw me he took off for the barn... I followed him in to put him an a crate... he was running from me and then hopped on a stall wall so he was above me...

Apparently he then thought he was bigger than me because he WENT FOR MY FACE.

Grr. He is now no longer on the farm. New learning experience, apparently roosters can go psycho in a very short time. Our tried and true EE rooster has been here for 1 1/2 years and has never been mean.... I am worried now. Being older he has SERIOUS spurs. Should I trim them ya think?

If you decide to trim them you should check out this link. It's great.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with your roo. I hope your little one is okay.

Our normally laid back blue wheaten ameraucana is acting like a turd right now, too. I think the shortening of the days made him think it's spring breeding season again. He's wearing out the hens. He gets rather territorial at this time.

I'm glad you got rid of your roo... family has priority over a rotten roo anyday!

Colby in KY

Back
Top Bottom