So, we're thinking about selling everything chicken related. It's just getting too difficult for me to do on my own. This cold weather and the high summer temps...they reek havoc on my lungs. I really love my chickens, and will miss them. I've so enjoyed raising them and watching them day to day, but... I want them to have a better place to live. Also, the cost is killing me. Since we don't sell our eggs, we don't make any of the money back that is spend on feed and supplies.
Now I just need to figure out how to go about selling them. How to know what to ask for them. Does anyone have any advice?
Thanks in advance ☺️

So, we're thinking about selling everything chicken related. It's just getting too difficult for me to do on my own. This cold weather and the high summer temps...they reek havoc on my lungs. I really love my chickens, and will miss them. I've so enjoyed raising them and watching them day to day, but... I want them to have a better place to live. Also, the cost is killing me. Since we don't sell our eggs, we don't make any of the money back that is spend on feed and supplies.
Now I just need to figure out how to go about selling them. How to know what to ask for them. Does anyone have any advice?
Thanks in advance ☺️
I’m sorry! :hugs have you tried Craigslist or your state thread on here? The state thread would probably be better because you know you’re getting other chicken people but I have used CL before too. And depending on age and breeds, maybe between $5-$15 or $20. Some people I’ve seen sell for $25. It depends on age, breeds, and also especially your location. I live in an expensive area. Young pullets or hens still laying well will go for more. And popular breeds. Though rare breeds sell for even more. Older, spent hens and roosters will go for less. It all depends.

Thanks in advance ☺️
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/calling-any-one-from-missouri.73271/

I’m sorry! :hugs have you tried Craigslist or your state thread on here? The state thread would probably be better because you know you’re getting other chicken people but I have used CL before too. And depending on age and breeds, maybe between $5-$15 or $20. Some people I’ve seen sell for $25. It depends on age, breeds, and also especially your location. I live in an expensive area. Young pullets or hens still laying well will go for more. And popular breeds. Though rare breeds sell for even more. Older, spent hens and roosters will go for less. It all depends.
Thank you!
I do hate the thought of selling them. And, our beautiful Bantam boys. But, I have to take care of myself. At almost 63, my body has really started complaining lol.

Thanks in advance ☺️
Go to where you buy your feed and if they have a bulletin board put up a list of what you have and how much you want for them. I've down sized a lot. Not selling all of mine just eliminating some breeds for other breeds and fewer total hen on site. There are other places around me where I could put up flyers besides the CoOp and TSC like small grocery stores that have big bulletin boards for their customers to use.

Back
Top Bottom