Day 18 Humidity reading 83%! Please help!

Sivory

Chirping
Apr 17, 2021
Hello!
This is my first time incubating bantam eggs, everything has been pretty consistent and I ended up locking down the eggs at day 16 because they were moving, I followed the manufacturing instructions and put the amount of water in recommended for days 16-21 and now my humidity is reading at 83%!
I’m so scared they will drown when hatching, what can I do? Do I need to tip some water out?
Thank you for your help!

There are no vent holes on this incubator, could I just open the lid for a little while?

Yes open the lid and if you can take some water out. Or as soon as you close the lid it will rise again... you can always add a little water if you need to but it's harder to lower than to raise the humidity

Do I as quickly as possible try not to allow the humidity to lower to much

It’s. HHD brand, I’ll attach a photo.

Attachments

• 48900C51-8A05-49D0-A8F2-2C26A78AAA25.jpeg
    48900C51-8A05-49D0-A8F2-2C26A78AAA25.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 5
There are no vent holes on this incubator, could I just open the lid for a little while?
Do you think you can open the lid a little bit take some paper towels and soak up some of the water instead of pouring it out. It worked pretty good for me to grab a bunch of paper towels soak up as much water until you get to the right humidity.

Do you think you can open the lid a little bit take some paper towels and soak up some of the water instead of pouring it out. It worked pretty good for me to grab a bunch of paper towels soak up as much water until you get to the right humidity.
Thanks, that’s actually a great idea, I’ve taken a little bit out and the humidity is sitting at 75% now

Back
Top Bottom