day 21 no pipping!

Sigh of relief....one hatched, two pipped!
woot.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif
Can't wait for at least one more to come out because this little one hasn't stopped peeping since she hatched! If she see's me she climbs on top of the eggs and gets right up to the window! She's breakin' my heart! I can see into one of the others and it's moving around, hope it makes a show soon! The good news is that one of my Americauna egg is pipping....since my roo is Americauna I was hoping that I'd get at least one Americauna, all the others are mixes.

I know us newbie's ask all the same questions and I thank you seasoned hatcher's for continuing to answer, calm and give advice to us even when, I'm sure it gets tiring. But without this board, I don't know what I would have done! Thank YOU!
thumbsup.gif

188206_10150111562774028_767184027_6377086_6439141_s.jpg

Thank Goodness for this post!!! I have been staring at my day 21 incubator willing my eggs to hatch all day. Everyone one around with the exception of a farmer friend is a rookie at this so have been beyond stressed with no movement Monday or Today. When I Candled Thursday Day 16/17 saw 7 out of 11 moving with nice air sacs and veins. So exciting. Expected to come in today and at least have pips... NOTHING. Have been depressed and stressed all day thinking I lost them all. I now will calm myself and WAIT a lil longer. I guess technically tomorrow could be my 22 or 23 day depending on how you count. I will cross my fingers and say a lil prayer as I walk into the school tomorrow.

guess all my EE's were early so theses silkies are driving me bonkers on day 20...usually am all hatched out by then...then i saw 1 rocking woohoo!!!!!!!

Im completely new to this and I wa swindle ring why my chicks haven't popped yet. It is day 20 my temp is 99.5 and my humidity is 66%. When I had candled them earlier they showed signs of life but I don't know if they have died or if I should wait longer

I have had bantam eggs under my broody hen for 21 days and this morning I heard a little tiny cheep and there were three little chicks so don't give up hope as they hide under their mum.I think they probably hatched yesterday but I did not realise.
I am keeping mum and her chicks in a separate coop (initially a cat basket) from my other three hens as they may attack the chicks. Mum and chicks can see the other three but not able to make contact.

Yesterday was day 20 and at around 8 a.m. We noticed lots of rockin (all 10 eggs showed signs of movement) and a few chirps. Today being the 21st day I was expecting to see eggs starting to pip but the movement and chirping has mostly stopped especially from the most active of eggs. Should I be concerned? after chirping how long  can they stay in the shell without a pip? Is there a reason they dont pip? at some point should you help pip? I hope everything is o.k./img/smilies/hmm.png

I'm on day 22, hatching Black Copper Marans. Three out of 13 hatched yesterday. Now no pips. Hard to hear any chirps as the others get excited and loud. Is there a chance the others are late? They all looked great at lockdown.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom