Day 21 :(

Any news? :|

event.png

Last edited:
Well...day 23.....nothing...no movement, no sounds....nothing.
sad.png
I fear they have died. How much longer should I waite? Its 2 days past...today. Is there a chance they may waite and "surprise me" on Easter Sunday!?? Oh that would be grand! Not getting my hopes up tho.

I would not remove them unless the bator starts to smell. I've heard people hatch on day 26, so hang in there. If the temp was too low, they will certainly be late. I hope they are waiting to surprise you. Homemade bators are tough to get right and sometimes they just don't work out too. How's humidity & temp holding?

Jody

Hey, do this before tossing: Get a container of water, warmer than the eggs-use a candy or meat thermometer to be sure. Take each egg and place it in the water, BUT only if you are sure there isn't a pip in the egg! Stand perfectly still so YOU don't cause any ripples in the water. If the water ripples like a something dropped in it, that is movement from the chick and it's alive. Also, live eggs will float, not sink, if I recall correctly. If it's totally still for maybe 3 minutes or so, then I'd say it has perished in the shell. It's an old time way to check for life in an egg after about 14 days of incubation.

Last edited:
Hi Yes I tried the method above and the live eggs will bob around like mad so you have to be very quick to get them back out.

Speckledhen....what a great thing to know. I am going to try this right now....Ummm...temp is holding at 100...and huymidity is at 72%. Is that ok?? Giong to get my warm water...and try that!
fl.gif
let them bob up and down!

OK......it floated....but no motion, I didnt leave them in the water long, I was afraid they might cool from the air.....so, back they went...and we will waite longer...
fl.gif
All I can do now, is waite! UGH!
th.gif

From SilkiePj's: Now my 2 little boys are getting anxious too. No more peeping sounds.
hmm.png
One of the eggs has rolled to it's "side." Otherwise we see no movement. I think my temp was low for about 3 - 4 days, so I'm not surprised that they are a day late, but our peep was 4 am on friday, and now it is 2 days later. Now my 7 yr old wants to try floating them in water. We will have to try that!

Back
Top Bottom