Delaware Blue Hen Picture Quest

lauriellewatkinsart

In the Brooder
Jun 19, 2023
Good evening,

Hey everyone! I am a freelance artist that is on the pursuit to paint all of the 50 state birds. One of the next birds I am painting is the Delaware Blue Hen, but unfortunately I cannot find any decent reference photos. I am hoping that someone can help me out in providing some reference photos of the beautiful Delaware Blue Hen. I am hoping to sell prints of this painting, so if you are okay will me using your photo as a reference for my painting, please reply with some pictures!! Thank you in advance!! Here is a link to my tiktok where I am documenting my State Bird Painting Series: @lauriellewatkinsart

Last edited:
Good evening,

Hey everyone! I am a freelance artist that is on the pursuit to paint all of the 50 state birds. One of the next birds I am painting is the Delaware Blue Hen, but unfortunately I cannot find any decent reference photos. I am hoping that someone can help me out in providing some reference photos of the beautiful Delaware Blue Hen. I am hoping to sell prints of this painting, so if you are okay will me using your photo as a reference for my painting, please reply with some pictures!! Thank you in advance!! Here is a link to my tiktok where I am documenting my State Bird Painting Series: @lauriellewatkinsart
Welcome to BYC!!

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

I had to do some research because I am a total bird nerd. ;) The Delaware Blue Hen is the State bird of Delaware. And according to Wikipedia it's a blue strain of American Gamecock. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delaware_Blue_Hen

Screenshot_20230620-045936_Chrome.jpg

So there you have it folks. As a wild bird nut, I had never heard of a Delaware Blue Hen either.

Back
Top Bottom