Delawareans!!

Hello Delaware! I'm in South Jersey but someone suggested that I post here about my little Rouen gal who needs a home.

Her best friend and only flockmate passed away over the weekend (a 12-year-old Pekin with severe arthritis) and she's been so sad and stressed from the loneliness that she hasn't been eating. We took her to the avian vet and she got a clean bill of health - the vet couldn't believe that she's 9 years old! She doesn't lay eggs anymore but she does have so much personality to offer if somebody would be kind enough to give her a place with other ducks where she could live out her retirement happy.

Thank you for reading and please reach out if you or somebody you know would be willing to help. We'll drive any distance and will be happy to provide all of our supplies!

Here's a recent-ish pic from happier times. They were inseparable.

IMG_20200512_123231.jpg

Last edited:
How in the world have I not posted here before now?????? I currently live in the Wooside/Viola/Felton area and have too many chickens (not a real thing, I know) Currently I have 16 hens and 5 roos, with 7 6-week chicks(barnyard mix) and 24 3-week old chicks. I also play Dad (Yeah, I'm a guy) to 3 Jumbo Pekin Ducks, 10 KunePots, 10 Rabbits (with four more litters onthe way), 2 Guinea Pigs, and 2 Cats. Aside from one cat, this has been gained in the past year.

It has been hard, but definitely worth it. The cost of feed for the animals is outrageous, though. They are costing me 250+ dollars a month. I am slowly getting some back by selling livestock, and now that infrastructure is in place, it will be easier.

Hello, I'm in Sussex County Delaware & I'm looking for some baby Guinea chicks or at least young Guineas. I have 1 Guinea, very little, nursed to health, about 5-7 weeks old & he/she needs a few friends.
I think my Lil Guinea may be tiny, as compared to others of similar age. Well, if you're in neighboring Maryland, that's OK, will drive. Thanks
20220821_111333.jpg 20220818_142416.jpg

Hello, I'm in Sussex County Delaware & I'm looking for some baby Guinea chicks or at least young Guineas. I have 1 Guinea, very little, nursed to health, about 5-7 weeks old & he/she needs a few friends.
I think my Lil Guinea may be tiny, as compared to others of similar age. Well, if you're in neighboring Maryland, that's OK, will drive. Thanks
View attachment 3230586View attachment 3230587
Update...I'm getting more Guinea chicks today!!! Found a place in Preston, MD, so excited, my little peeper is gonna have friends!

Another update...Here are the sweeties! Just got home with them, they immediately snuggled together & roosted for bed time with the 1st Guinea. There are 2 Pearl's, a White, a Lavendar & a Cinnamon. ❤️ The "brooder for youngsters" is in a garden tub, in my bathroom, about 80-85 degrees in there.

20220822_211520.jpg 20220822_211656.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom