Redding,CA
6 Speckled Sussex Hatching Eggs
$25.00 includes free shipping priority mail in the United States
A4E74BC2-7342-4CA8-BF13-94DF5EC74A17.jpeg
3B2840CD-2D47-4A16-B760-241F2D156282.jpeg
80FC22B0-9C2E-49C5-95A3-28BAA45DA2E0.jpeg

Sent you a message 🤗
Thank you. :highfive:

Your private message confirmed that like myself in California they are dragging their feet on testing and NEW certifications and you are indeed NOT legal to ship outside of California, YET.

However.. just because I'm not happy with their rules, timing, or agenda.. doesn't give anyone the right to ship.. country wide.. illegally, JUST to make a measly FEW lousy dollars. Just because Ebay and USPS aren't responsible for enforcing the law, SOOO many folks are KNOWINGLY taking advantage.. not the ones who actually care about the law, their livestock, and our fellow man, including our privileges to keep back yard flocks.. more than the mighty $.

Many chicken diseases and viruses lie undetected or DORMANT for long periods of time AND can pass through to the embryo.

I believe you that your flock appears to be in good health!

Chances are my plea will have no impact on your choices.. but with all my heart, please consider staying within state lines and following the state and federal law WHILE this stuff gets worked out. I know it's not easy, but I PROMISE that maintaining integrity will ALWAYS pay itself back! :hugs

Maybe you can get the VS form that is required handled on your end...

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/library/forms/pdf/vs17_129.pdf

A link that will include that previous one (in case that doesn't open) but more information, also from USDA website..

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ou..._avian/importing-live-poultry/ct_live_poultry

A sample health certificate to have your veterinarian fill out and be WITHIN the law still, according to my CURRENT understanding..

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/import_export/animals/downloads/live-poultry-hc-transit.pdf

Yes, I understand that increases cost and you are asking basically pennies for your product. I FULLY recognize you aren't trying to get rich here! Maybe it gives you the option of asking more.. though, $50/dozen is already a fair amount. I WILL pay more ALL day EVERY day.. for what LITTLE assurance the extra effort made gives!

I'm not trying to poo poo you, point fingers, or be ugly here.. and I'm sorry if it comes out like that! :oops:

Please be encouraged.. as an avid hobbyist and avian enthusiast, I CARE about protecting MY right to keep a back yard flock. After Year before last's New Castle disease virus outbreak, quarantine, and subsequent MANDATORY euthanasia of back yard flocks in some southern California communities totaling thousands of birds.. followed by a shipping embargo to and from that area.. and AI detected on the east coast.. Please understand the reason I express concern in the open manner I do.. Not only for you but for others who may also be considering shipping on the down low or for anyone who's considering buying from someone who ships on the down low either knowingly or NOT. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse. Disregard of it... we are likely ALL guilty of disagreeing with one or another, NO doubt.. Big chicken and big business/big government wants us out of the game. We mustn't give them any MORE fire power, if we can help it. :hmm

After New Castle's came Covid, the political circus, and so on. :he

If you decide to start a thread about the challenges of getting NPIP in CA.. please invite me with a tag. Although I feel strongly about what I've posted.. I did not disclose your ebay seller name or make any other personally harmful or derogatory actions. Everybody makes their own choices and I'm here to learn and grow and share in the safest and hopefully friendliest manner possible. :pop

Best wishes on your many adventures! :fl

Back
Top Bottom