Diarrhoea and not laying egg, but healthy 2 years old Plymouth Rock hen

SkyAJK

Hatching
Apr 27, 2024
Hello All,
I got a 2 years old Plymouth Rock hen last September and to this day April the following year, she has not lay any egg and her poop is blasted diarrhoea. On various occasion, I isolated her and treated her with various natural ways like: Apple cider vinegar in water, natural yogurt, tempeh, VETRX, womers,amprolium, mix herbs oregano oil, garlic, ginger, cinnamon powder, chillies powder&curcumin, enzyme, vita drink and coconut water . Non of these treatments stop her blasted diarrhoea.
She blasts a long trail of diarrhea, they are green in colour.
The only time she poops solid is when I withheld water for a few hours here and there during the day. She drinks a lot of water regardless of whether the weather is hot or cold.
She is eating normal, drinking a great deal of water, dirt bath, spreadout her wings in the sunshine, she digs up my garden so beside her blast liquid poops and not laying egg, although her face and comb are bright red in the morning she is in good health and very sweet nature girl.
She is molting now. Her abdomen has always feel small and normal, previously she likes to sit in the nest box, but no egg. Before molting she has a full set of beautiful smooth and shinny feather. So what is really wrong with her?
Is there anything else can be done to help my girl? Thank you.

Hello and thank you for your post.
I have stopped treating her for over a month now, her condition has not change, and I have been looking for answer to help her non stop, but still not find anything.
I feed her an overnight water soaked crumble feed with 17% protein. Other girls are good and healthy. Before bed time they all get banana or sweet potatoes and green leafly.

Hello and thank you for your post.
I have stopped treating her for over a month now, her condition has not change, and I have been looking for answer to help her non stop, but still not find anything.
I feed her an overnight water soaked crumble feed with 17% protein. Other girls are good and healthy. Before bed time they all get banana or sweet potatoes and green leafly.

The wormer is Kilverm Poutry wormer
You're welcome.
Stop the soaked feed, bananas, sweet potatoes and greens. Stop anything but their dry feed.
How's her crop?
Did you give the right dose for the right length of time for the wormer?

Yes, I followed the instruction on the wormer med bottle. Her crop during the day and before bed is like a balloon swinging left and right as it is filled up with the water. Her crop first thing in the morning is emptied & not visible. Whenever I withheld water from her for a few hours, her crop is firm and filled with food. She does eat her shared.
The water feed is only have enough water to wet the powdery part of the feed settled so it is not dusty.
I will stop the extra fruits and vegs this evening and feed her dry feed from tomorrow. Thank you.

Hello, updating my hen that blast liquid poop. She is now poop solid. She had water soaked feed that morning, but in the afternoon I withheld the banana&green leafly, the next morning I found she pooped solid over night. That whole of that day she pooped solid, the whole day I feed her dried feed and no veg/fruit. She is the only one that poop liquid because of the veg/fruit. Thank you for your help,it fixed her blashed liquid issue, she still drink lot of water more than anyone else in the flock. Now I just find a way to feed the rest of the flock fruit/veg as they did not have the same issue as this hen. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom