Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh crud and also with the ceramics it says they take longer to heat and dissipate then a light bulb so perhaps a normal bulb type instead? ALTHOUGH I am told the life of them is forever!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002AQCPK...fURL=http://cmfarm.us/PickingAHeatSource.html
410fVDyeJyL.jpg
These are better suited to Ohio brooders

here is a thought for you, a sportsman incubator has a 200-225 watt heating element. theoretically one heat lamp will be sufficient. to much heat is a bad thing, i knew a guy who tried to replace a heating element with an oven heating element, he ended up cooking his top layer of eggs, the bottom eggs never got close to hatching.

the heat should be gentle, and not blowing directly on the eggs.

i will see what i can do on a paint drawing on how to build an incubator the size you're looking for. how many eggs are you trying to hatch at one time? do you want to incubate several weeks worth of eggs at a time with a seperate hatcher?

Quote: you are right, you do have to bypass the thermostats with another thermostat, just turning it up, and running it through a more accurate thermostat doesnt work. the cycle is to fast, the overheat sensor will fail and not allow it to work.
ohhh DOH

here is a thought for you, a sportsman incubator has a 200-225 watt heating element. theoretically one heat lamp will be sufficient. to much heat is a bad thing, i knew a guy who tried to replace a heating element with an oven heating element, he ended up cooking his top layer of eggs, the bottom eggs never got close to hatching.

the heat should be gentle, and not blowing directly on the eggs.

i will see what i can do on a paint drawing on how to build an incubator the size you're looking for. how many eggs are you trying to hatch at one time? do you want to incubate several weeks worth of eggs at a time with a seperate hatcher?

separate hatcher, using the coolerbators for that...... I can add as many eggs be it weekly or bi weekly. Right now I have the floor of a styro bator completely packed solid of WFS eggs, and to be honest I didnt count them, guess is about 70 something and then I have three bators going and I would have set more had I had another bator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom