Did you get excited when you worked out whose eggs were whose??

Annabella

Songster
9 Years
Apr 17, 2010
Well I did!! And I think it so funny that this should excite me so much.
big_smile.png

The "twins" *Daisy and Maisie) are difficult to tell apart and they hang out together all the time.
I knew that one laid eggs a bit paler than the other one, but have never been able to work it out, cause they lay early and
of course - close together.
hmm.png

This morning I got up early to attend to them and Daisy was in the nest.
When she popped out i found out that it is she that lays the paler egg!!
Hooray - now I can tell all the eggs apart!!
big_smile.png

Oh, you aren't alone in this! My egg-buying customers are amused that I can tell THEM which hen laid which eggs in the carton I hand over. (I do that with first time customers, especially because I always include two green eggs (Rebecca's) and two really dark eggs (Shirley and Bernadette's).

For a while, I had two white egg layers, so I just thanked both ladies for any white eggs. I've since lost one of the Lakenvelder girls, so I know the white eggs are Minerva's.

I am just thrilled with each egg, and I get between 6 and 8 of 'em a day. Shirley Welsummer has gone broody, so now the really dark eggs are only from Bernadette (Cuckoo Marans).

When Rebecca's daughter Samantha starts to lay, I'm curious to see if they'll be the same, light, seafoam green as her mother's.

Good for you! You do know that the appearance changes over time, right? I used to know who laid which eggs, but these days I can only tell my distinctive eggs apart.

My husband mocks me because I keep a list of who lays what color. He wrote a bunch of fake entries in my log like YOUR MOM-PINK. Yeah. That's my husband. I like to keep up with who is doing what daily too.

When I had a mixed flock with only one of each breed I new exactly who laid what color egg. Each egg was very distinct in color. My friends and family were so impressed when I did up a photo sheet with each hen and the egg she had laid and gave it to them with a dozen eggs. I found it very fun and exciting!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom