Difference between mottled, pied, and exchequer

There are several genes on the mottled genome, and exchequer and ordinary mottling are just two of them.
There is no such thing as pied in chickens.
@nicalandia did a lot of research on the mottling genome. While I couldn’t find the thread he posted, he did put a lot of info here:

That was an interesting read to say the least. I think now though the only way I'm going to know for sure is by crossing the daughters split w/ mottling (or whatever it is) to a mottled rooster and just seeing what happens. I just want to thank everyone for responding as well, I think I learned a lot!

My leucistic hens (white beak and feet, mated with an all black male resulting in pie bald babies) this is the second time from a different breeding of hens to roos of these colours that this had happened. In the absence of coloring (non albino, true lack of pigment animals with underlying white skin, nails etc) I suppose this would be a true pie bald? Instagram photo for reference to the hen (that baby is not hers). Also her eggs started out blue. Her father was a black amerucana and her mother a Rhode island red hence why I consider her leucistic

My leucistic hens (white beak and feet, mated with an all black male resulting in pie bald babies) this is the second time from a different breeding of hens to roos of these colours that this had happened. In the absence of coloring (non albino, true lack of pigment animals with underlying white skin, nails etc) I suppose this would be a true pie bald? Instagram photo for reference to the hen (that baby is not hers). Also her eggs started out blue. Her father was a black amerucana and her mother a Rhode island red hence why I consider her leucistic
Where's the babies pics?

Attachments

• 20240331_133708.jpg
    20240331_133708.jpg
    532.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240408_102401.jpg
    20240408_102401.jpg
    406.7 KB · Views: 2
Also to note I have black and white Swedish flower hens. They can pull any colour for hatching. My leucistic bird will only hatch pure white or white with grey or white with black splotches, doesn't matter the colour the male is that breeds her. They can have his physical characteristics but will only pull colours on the black white scale.

Back
Top Bottom