DIY CABINET COOLER INCUBATOR How we did it and TEST RUN Ready Set GO!

Quote:
Have I offended the expensive incubators ya think?
Maybe you'd better sacrifice a chicken, just in case.
th.gif

1) Do you have a pan for water to increase humidity?

2) It looks like the entire weight of the eggs in the tray are held to the rods with tie-wraps, are you sure that is going to be strong enough? I'd worry about those popping and the tray crashing down.

i dont add water during hatch and use a seperate hatcher
6 tie wraps will last years doing that job. very clever

- seems like you got it covered Mrs Sunshine

I put one coolerbators eggs in the new cabinet cooler incubator, I have already found myself turning alot more than 3x a day! My embryos love me now!

I may have a problem as a few of our CCL eggs and Layer eggs do not fit in this white tray enough that I feel confident with the 45 degree turn. They are too large

Id love to see pics with the eggs in the bator.

How long roughly did it take you to build this?

Last edited:
Id love to see pics with the eggs in the bator.

How long roughly did it take you to build this?
Saturday about 6 hours and then Sunday after the blue stuff dried on the lights we hooked it up and then I started running it and adjusting that lower shelf and duct opening size, I sat there about 6 hours sunday fiddlin with that bottom to get it to hold temps evenly

I have two racks filled LOL I will go snap a pic!

Yes I trusted it enough to put my two batches of eggs in it from the other coolerbators!

Some are on day 6 and some are on day 11 (think)

see the trays are even level with eggs filled, I am paranoid of this angle 45 degrees, as I never had a turner like this and its like

HANGING AND EGG OFF A CLIFF! HA HA HA

oh the top shelf has LAVS and some new CCL stock I bought and a few of our brahma

the bottom is our own eggs, Layers, CCL and the front are a few bigger serama eggs all the other serama had to stay in the smaller coolerbator as they fell through!

Back
Top Bottom