Do any of your chickens have certain types of music they like?

crunchygranola

In the Brooder
May 6, 2024
I like singing or playing music when I’m doing my chicken chores, and one thing I noticed is that they react to certain artists and songs. Some they don’t even bat an eye to, but others, they rush around my phone and get all weird around it. The ones I’ve noticed my chickens doing this to are Hozier and Eminem… any thoughts? 😂

I raise mine right by playing death metal for them from an early age, Thyme liked a song by be'lak or called countless skies, she seemed to be entranced when I first played it for her - can't blame her, I love that song too and those riffs are gorgeous. The girls also seemed to appreciate the music some nearby construction workers were playing, Sage liked Linger by the cranberries and there were some songs the chicks seemed to like, that I can't think of offhand. On a related note, I have several wind chimes hanging in their run, partially for my sake, and partially for theirs. IMO birds are musical creatures and should be exposed to music

The worst toy for my husband is the coop cam. If a chicken walks by he does ridiculous voices. Seems they don't care thankfully. When I'm out cleaning and the coop and teaching them Respect they listen to Childish Gambino, Travis Scott, Odesza and Mac Miller. They kinda have to. Their names are: Fifty cent, 2Chainz, Odesza, Purple Drank, Tupac, Jimmy, Snoop, JQuellin and DNice. :cool:🤣

The worst toy for my husband is the coop cam. If a chicken walks by he does ridiculous voices. Seems they don't care thankfully. When I'm out cleaning and the coop and teaching them Respect they listen to Childish Gambino, Travis Scott, Odesza and Mac Miller. They kinda have to. Their names are: Fifty cent, 2Chainz, Odesza, Purple Drank, Tupac, Jimmy, Snoop, JQuellin and DNice. :cool:🤣
Haha! One of my chickens is named Tupac for that exact reason!

Back
Top Bottom