Do Bantams Hatch Earlier Than Standard Size Chickens?

austrolover1

Songster
Dec 14, 2015
I have bantams hatching this week and I was wondering when I need to do the lock-down. Do bantams hatch earlier than normal sized chickens? Any info given asap would be great! Thanks!

I have bantams hatching this week and I was wondering when I need to do the lock-down. Do bantams hatch earlier than normal sized chickens? Any info given asap would be great! Thanks!

You'll need to research for the breed you have. Some bantams take the 21 days. My serama hatch in 19 days-Japanese bantams in 20 days.

Bantams typically hatch faster, since their egg is smaller. But you can keep lockdown and all that the same, that's what I did and they hatched fine.

You won't believe this but they are hatching right now!!!!!! I didn't know when to lockdown but I just did while their beaks were sticking out of the shell so I am SO excited!!!!!!!!!!

I have six of them! I took two out of the incubator and they just sat there. So I stuck them back in... Any tips? I have never used an incubator before. I did decrease the temp slightly.

Back
Top Bottom