Do chicken eggs sell?

Make it easy, $5/dozen. Everyone has that bill with them and no need to make change. Way too posts on this thread with people selling for $3.00 or $3.50 and having people clamoring and waiting for their eggs. Use the supply and demand model.

Make it easy, $5/dozen. Everyone has that bill with them and no need to make change. Way too posts on this thread with people selling for $3.00 or $3.50 and having people clamoring and waiting for their eggs. Use the supply and demand model.

Wow never thought about it that way. Thanks. Do you by any chance know when eggs are no longer good to eat? Do I have to keep them refrigerated?

I've also heard of folks that put an egg under each tomato plant -- so if you somehow wind up with a glut of eggs that are of dubious age or whatever, and you grow your own veggies/tomatoes etc., look into how they can be used there.
smile.png

I've also heard of folks that put an egg under each tomato plant -- so if you somehow wind up with a glut of eggs that are of dubious age or whatever, and you grow your own veggies/tomatoes etc., look into how they can be used there.
smile.png
That is something I will try in my garden this year

Do you by any chance know when eggs are no longer good to eat? Do I have to keep them refrigerated?

The eggs you see in the grocery are about 30 days and they suggest you eat them within another 30 days.
For your eggs, don't clean or refrigerate - I've seen estimates of them being good for up to 3 months.
Try some experiments with your eggs over a period of time using the float method.
http://food-hacks.wonderhowto.com/how-to/tell-if-your-expired-eggs-are-still-good-eat-0154309/

The eggs you see in the grocery are about 30 days and they suggest you eat them within another 30 days.
For your eggs, don't clean or refrigerate - I've seen estimates of them being good for up to 3 months.
Try some experiments with your eggs over a period of time using the float method.
http://food-hacks.wonderhowto.com/how-to/tell-if-your-expired-eggs-are-still-good-eat-0154309/

I don't refrigerate my eggs before I sell them - usually within the week. When I bring them inside, I weigh them & sort them, wipe off any dirt, put them into the carton. The cartons do into the tote that I carry to the market & it's kept in the coolest spot in the house. Even when held for 2 weeks, I've never had a bad egg.

I weigh them cause my flock is still young & some of the eggs are small. I sell the smalls for $4 & the large for $5. My ladies have been laying for about 6 weeks now & I'm getting fewer & fewer small eggs - about 30% are small. Soon, they all will be large eggs.

I love having a few easter-egger chickens in my flock. The blue/green eggs start a lot of conversations & lead to more sales!

Just a note I am in Ohio #2 State in egg production.This week at Aldi stores large eggs are under 1.50 a dozen. I know I sell eggs cheap and brown ones at that but I would rather sell them and get the feed paid for than have dozens in the frig. If you are in an area where eggs are high priced in the store then go for 5.00. My grandson handels the selling and he is usually tipped from the buyers. Love the country life we are a different type of people!

Just a note I am in Ohio #2 State in egg production.This week at Aldi stores large eggs are under 1.50 a dozen. I know I sell eggs cheap and brown ones at that but I would rather sell them and get the feed paid for than have dozens in the frig. If you are in an area where eggs are high priced in the store then go for 5.00. My grandson handels the selling and he is usually tipped from the buyers. Love the country life we are a different type of people!
Here in Washington state we live in a very small town with at least
one other egg person in town get 3 a dozen 5 for 18

Yeah here in my town, eggs are $5 dollars a dozen large eggs. I'm not sure what price I should place on them

Back
Top Bottom