Do chickens pass from natural causes (old age)?

There wasn’t a lot of info on the webs about this, mostly about sudden chicken death syndrome. We have an Isa Brown (3.5 years old) who has been on and off low activity, but today was probably her worst day. It got cold this week (~20 degrees) and windy so that’s probably not helping matters. She still ate bugs this morning and was walking around the run scavenging, but she couldn’t fly up to the ramp we have for them to walk from outside to inside. I just feel like she’ll pass away soon. Do chickens die from old age? It’s a dumb question but they die from a lot of other things it seems like. And I know Isas have a shorter life span because they’re bred for laying. She’s my favorite and I don’t want to lose her :(.

She was huddled up vertically inside the coop earlier sleeping.
I took have ISAs and each one have their own personalities.i have lost one already bout to lose another.The littlest one even crowed..she tried and tried then one day it just flowed right out.Little Red.I did not realize they had such short lifespans.ours are 5 years old now.They laid eggs every single day.some were so big we could not shut egg carton.but even if they did not lay eggs we still loved them.they are our girls.Good memories along with sad.but I wouldn't change them for anything.Mean henny,Nice henny.big ared,and little ared ..we now have 3 soon to be 2.love your chickens while you have them.

Back
Top Bottom