Do I have an EE roo?

Hardboiled

Songster
14 Years
Jun 18, 2009
Roanoke
I hatched these babies on December 11th, so they're right at 5 weeks. I think this one is a roo, although the blueish olive egger acts way more roo. What do I have here? I'm at my limit of roos. 😬

Attachments

• 20220114_014030.jpg
    20220114_014030.jpg
    541 KB · Views: 11
  • 20220114_014109.jpg
    20220114_014109.jpg
    558.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220114_014207.jpg
    20220114_014207.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 6
It looks like a pullet to me, but I'm not sure because it has saddle feathers.

@TheOddOneOut can help you
I hatched these babies on December 11th, so they're right at 5 weeks. I think this one is a roo, although the blueish olive egger acts way more roo. What do I have here? I'm at my limit of roos. 😬
I agree with @PippinTheChicken because it does look pullet but the sadlle feathers, my Easter Eggrrs / Millie fluer mix have some saddle feathers. I think some hens just grow different! Good luck!

Cockerel, as is the blurry one to the left of it in the last photo.
Oh dear, I was afraid of that. I thought the yellow one was bc it looks like it's got 3 rows in its comb, and it's coloring up like a boy. The blurry one is a blue maran/EE and acts very very boy, plus didn't grow a single tail feather for almost 2 weeks. 😂 I'm hoping the cemani/CCL is a girl. She's the last of my colored egg hatch. If I hatched 3 for 3 cockerels, I need to quit lol.

Oh dear, I was afraid of that. I thought the yellow one was bc it looks like it's got 3 rows in its comb, and it's coloring up like a boy. The blurry one is a blue maran/EE and acts very very boy, plus didn't grow a single tail feather for almost 2 weeks. 😂 I'm hoping the cemani/CCL is a girl. She's the last of my colored egg hatch. If I hatched 3 for 3 cockerels, I need to quit lol.
the black chick? that's 100% a pullet if you used a Cemani rooster over a Cream Legbar hen. With that pairing chicks will be sex-linked with cockerel being barred, pullets solid

the black chick? that's 100% a pullet if you used a Cemani rooster over a Cream Legbar hen. With that pairing chicks will be sex-linked with cockerel being barred, pullets solid
Oh neat! These were ebay eggs but the listed possible breeds included AC, and CCL. That little one was born entirely black and she just started developing a little crest. She is so so sweet. I bought blue and green hatching eggs because I had white and brown layers, but no colored layers. I'll be happy to get one colored layer out of it.

I agree with @PippinTheChicken because it does look pullet but the sadlle feathers, my Easter Eggrrs / Millie fluer mix have some saddle feathers. I think some hens just grow different! Good luck!
It looks like a pullet to me, but I'm not sure because it has saddle feathers.

@TheOddOneOut can help you
Not sure what you guys mean.
All chickens have saddle feathers, but males and females have very different ones.
1642190846618.png

This bird is much too young to even HAVE male saddles.

Back
Top Bottom