does anyone else do model airplanes?

auskittle

Cheesy Doodle Head
11 Years
Jun 25, 2008
Northern Ca
iam currently building my first one, a P-61 BLACK WIDOW. But i had no idea how much willpower it took to actualy finish it, maybe it's just that i have very little willpower, but can't get myself to work on it. anyone else have the same problem, or have a way out of it?

Last edited:
My dad had one of the 6' air planes... Not sure if it's the kind your talking about. The one you use the rubber stick to start the propeller and all. Well... he must be blonde.... started it with his finger and we were in the ER FOREVER! The airplane went byebye....

I have several planes. I crashed them regularly.
lol.png
I don't do much flying these days. I actually enjoy building them more than flying them. Crashing is really expensive and heartbreaking.

I remember my father building planes when I was a kid. He loved building them, his was the balsa wood planes that you wind up by rubber band. He never got into the remote type.
Now that my father is sick with cancer he does not bother no more. He has magazines wayyyy back in the 50's maybe later with plans and all. His basement is 1/3 of just his hobby. Material, books, magazines everything down in the basement. He is trying to unload (sell) the stuff but seems no one does that type of hobby anymore.

My dad has like 8 planes 2 boats a remote snowmobile,Cars,+ ex.(He's never let me touch one of them) I told him he has more toys than I ever did as a kid. Like you say, It takes months to build them,& seconds to crash them. Then you see grown men looking like some little kid that just lost there lunch money. I like to pick on him,and ask him "When are you gonna let me crash one of those"......To each his own, but I'll stick to coin collecting & chickens.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom