Does anyone have an Alumi-coop from Ackerman’s?

Those are the best-designed prefabs I've seen -- well-ventilated and actually meant to house live chickens rather than toy chickens.

But apparently meant to be used inside an electric wire because there doesn't appear to be a secure wire roof under the tarp to keep the raccoons out.

I ordered an Alumi-Coop from Ackerman’s and it is being shipped this week. Just wondering if anyone else has one and if they like it. I’ve got some youngsters that are outgrowing their current accommodation. I ordered the 10’x12’.
I noticed that you never did follow up on this tractor ?
I was wondering how it turned out for you was it a good purchase ?

I ordered an Alumi-Coop from Ackerman’s and it is being shipped this week. Just wondering if anyone else has one and if they like it. I’ve got some youngsters that are outgrowing their current accommodation. I ordered the 10’x12’.
Hello, I am so interested in purchase one of these myself. We are in Maryland and wondering if it is ok for our layers to be that exposed in the winter, but I'm sure I could modify this thing if need be. Can you tell me if you like it? Any issues? How easy does it move? I want to know everything please !!! So cool

Hello, I am so interested in purchase one of these myself. We are in Maryland and wondering if it is ok for our layers to be that exposed in the winter, but I'm sure I could modify this thing if need be. Can you tell me if you like it? Any issues? How easy does it move? I want to know everything please !!! So cool

Heat is a much bigger problem for chickens than cold. If we keep them dry and out of the wind they keep themselves warm well below freezing.

You might want to ask your question on the Maryland state thread to get advice from people who understand your climate. :)

I was wondering this myself as OP is in CT. I don’t think I could ever get a coop w no walls as our winters can get to negative temperatures and we have gotten up to 2 feet of snow if there is a winter storm blizzard. For prefab coops, everyone I know would usually just buy a wood shed and cut a chicken door & add roosts.

How is the coop holding up? I getting ready to buy one

Back
Top Bottom