DOES ANYONE KNIW WHAT DID THIS KILLING ?

Tashua

Songster
7 Years
Apr 29, 2017
North Florida
Looks like from earlier today .....not a feather anywhere in the vicinity .....
Not one of my flock , but we live in the country and everyone has chickens ....but it’s BODY is pretty close to where my coop is ....
90E221FF-C32B-4E06-BFAE-F253BC38685D.jpeg
CA78227E-9413-4420-8403-A0B28FBEF308.jpeg

Could a huge feral Tom cat do this ?
I don’t think so... I think there would have been a ton of feathers. Aerial predators will attack and then eat what they can if they bird is too heavy to fly off with. Most of the time it’s the head and neck that they eat, brains are supposedly very nutritious. I found a hawk eating one of my chickens - the thing weighed 8lbs so the hawk couldn’t fly off with it and by the time I got out there, the head and neck were eaten. I’m leaning more towards aerial predator than raccoon bc raccoons tend to leave a bloody massacre behind. But whatever it is, it will be back.

It's hard to say what killed it. It could be anyone of several different predators that do that. If you have a camera, put it up and then you will probably find out what is lurking. It will be back. I'm sure it knows there are birds there and will look for an opportunity. Good luck...

Thank
It's hard to say what killed it. It could be anyone of several different predators that do that. If you have a camera, put it up and then you will probably find out what is lurking. It will be back. I'm sure it knows there are birds there and will look for an opportunity. Good luck...
thank you

Back
Top Bottom