Does anyone know what this is ?

unionwirewoman

Songster
12 Years
Sep 14, 2007
Kalispell , MT
My soon to be husbands mother gave this to us , it's some sort of cacti . It's looking a little worse for wear though . Do I need to replant it ? If so , HOW ?

Don't you just love the lime green carpet !! Hopefully we can remove it here soon and sand down / stain the hardwood floor underneath it !

P.S. does anyone know what kind of cacti it is ?

DSC00216.jpg

DSC00212.jpg

Interesting plant...I have no idea but will follow this thread to see if someone can tell you...maybe just dividing it would help? but wait for someone more knowledgable...my GF raises cacti but I've not seen this one at her house...

Looks to me like a succulent.
Is it getting bright, but no direct light during the day? The corner in which the plant is sitting looks a little dark. Neither cactus nor succulents need a lot of water; however, they do need some. You might want to put it in a saucer with about 1" of water in the bottom. Leave it there for an hour and let it soak up some water.
When was the last time the plant was repotted into new soil?

Carla

I asked her awhile ago , and she can't remember . It is a cacti though (has the needles etc. ) The pot is about 10" in diameter and I don't know when it was repotted last . It does get sunlight , there are 2 windows on either side of the coner . I only water it 1 every 2 weeks and then it is only a little bit of water . Maybe I'll try the sister site . Just thought it was an interesting plant that people might find different ! Thanks for the info guys !
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom