Does Chicken Organization Exist?

kcan2

Free Ranging
Oct 18, 2019
MI
Chicken stuff - has anyone figured out nifty tricks for containing things like feed, tools, or bedding? I've seen some feed and tack room organization images online, but not much for chickens!

PhotoGrid_1647212547032.jpg

Some ideas:
•Cereal containers for oyster, grit, and treats
•Rolling furniture dollies under the heavy indoor stuff
•Command hook spray bottle holders

At first I thought you wanted to organize the chickens... 😅
Me too! I was thinking they certainly aren't self-organizing like Society Finches at night. They group up according to color. It's adorable.

Regarding organizing, I don't have anything worthy of a Pintrest Board, but feed are in trash cans with rollers on the bottom. Hay goes in a big plastic tub. Supplements and small bags of stuff go in these:
1648243953843.png

If you have a small number of chickens it works great for food, too. But when you're emptying a bin four or five times to feed that got annying.

Me too! I was thinking they certainly aren't self-organizing like Society Finches at night. They group up according to color. It's adorable.

Regarding organizing, I don't have anything worthy of a Pintrest Board, but feed are in trash cans with rollers on the bottom. Hay goes in a big plastic tub. Supplements and small bags of stuff go in these:
View attachment 3037540

If you have a small number of chickens it works great for food, too. But when you're emptying a bin four or five times to feed that got annying.
Trying to organize the actual chickens seems like a real exercise in futility 😆 not dissimilar to "cat herding", etc

The dispensers - so cool! Time to visit the chicken candy shop. All of my chicken bedding is up on a pallet in my garage. I think I'll throw my hay into a tub as you said!

I did manage to hang the pooper scooper in close proximity to the poop board, which is handy:
20220325_220521.jpg

My flock is small, so one 50lb bag of feed lasts a long time. I think it was @aart that taught me 1 feed bag fits in two 5 gallon buckets, and the screw-on lids are helpful:
20220325_220312.jpg

Hanging brooms, dustpans, egg calendar, etc
20220325_220836.jpg
The chickens obviously don't care about any of this, btw 🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom