Does fish affect egg taste?

J.R. Pigman

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 11, 2009
Hey all! I've been buying shad minnows to throw in our kiddie pool for the last couple weeks. They eat mosquito larvae before getting eaten by our ducks, and the ducks have fun chasing them. My wife said she read that feeding your ducks fish will make the eggs taste fishy. Our ducks haven't started laying yet, so we have no way of knowing. Do you all think that your duck eggs taste fishy when they've been eating fish?

I've never experimented with fish-feeding, but I don't see why it would. I don't think eggs taste "grassy" if the layers eat grass, or watermelony, insecty, cabbagey...you get the point.
tongue.png

Last edited:
Yeah it sounded weird to me too. I'll just keep giving them fish as a treat, and if my eggs taste fishy I'll let you know.
wink.png

I've never experimented with fish-feeding, but I don't see why it would. I don't think eggs taste "grassy" if the layers eat grass, or watermelony, insecty, cabbagey...you get the point.
tongue.png
Thank you I wondered that .
But just wondered myself that cause we live and they eat off the swamp along with treats and duck chow .and I eat her eggs lol

Back
Top Bottom