Dog thread!🐾

Thankfully my 6 dogs get along well and everyone can always find someone ready for some rough and tumble.
That's wonderful. Any tips? Luna just wants to play rough and Dorie doesn't appreciate it. Luna refuses to play tug with Dorie now because she knows Dorie might get hurt and I'll get upset.

Yeah...I wish my dogs played more, but they and I are afraid they're going to hurt each other. It hasn't ended well in the past...puncture wounds on the face and bleeding eye sockets are not cool...
Oh wow! That's terrible

Oh wow! That's terrible
Yeeah...so much for the whole "getting two dogs so they will have fun with each other" thing. We know how to manage it now, but the first year or so was very stressful. They're not best friends but that's okay.

That's wonderful. Any tips? Luna just wants to play rough and Dorie doesn't appreciate it. Luna refuses to play tug with Dorie now because she knows Dorie might get hurt and I'll get upset.
I try to pair breeds that will get along and play in a similar manner. Some breeds just play differently and don't always connect.

It's one reason I like keeping a pack as there's always someone who is a good fit for each dog's playing style.

Pepper the aussie was very rough on Shorty when young. I got a few more like Shorty so now the boston bulldogs gang up on Pepper, and even up the playing field a bit.

Maybe you need another Boston. :)

I try to pair breeds that will get along and play in a similar manner. Some breeds just play differently and don't always connect.

It's one reason I like keeping a pack as there's always someone who is a good fit for each dog's playing style.

Pepper the aussie was very rough on Shorty when young. I got a few more like Shorty so now the boston bulldogs gang up on Pepper, and even up the playing field a bit.

I have seen where some dogs dont play well together because of their size difference. Larger dogs are rougher when playing vs a smaller dog.
A pack sounds like fun!

I have seen where some dogs dont play well together because of their size difference.
That makes sense. We didn't expect Luna to get so big (she's 13 pounds heavier than predicted!), but we took a risk with a rescue mutt.
Don't temp me.. 😂 We are pretty set on getting a Whippet right now which will be in between our two current dogs in size. I have no idea how they play though...or if they're as fragile as they look!

That makes sense. We didn't expect Luna to get so big (she's 13 pounds heavier than predicted!), but we took a risk with a rescue mutt.

Don't temp me.. 😂 We are pretty set on getting a Whippet right now which will be in between our two current dogs in size. I have no idea how they play though...or if they're as fragile as they look!
I've read Italian greyhounds can break legs when young jumping off furniture. Not sure if the whippet is more sturdy. Are you sure you don't need another Boston? I do highly recommend them mixed with French bulldog. They are a bit less hyper.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom