DRY INCUBATING

just got home this morning to find only one more has hatched, a bunch are pipped, and stalled, one is trying to zip. humidity around 55%, added water and it came up to 74%...today is day 22, one more day, please, hatch babies! I'll be so disappointed if only 3 make it out of 39! Think I'll go back to using the still air bator, much better results last year with it!

hu.gif

final results are 3 chicks out of 39 eggs that went into the bator. they are healthy, got them out today, they drank and drank and drank! Obviously it was way too dry in the bator. Many eggs had pipped, but many more had done nothing, so now I will try with the still air LG with turner. Right now it is reading 100* and 16% humidity. I know the room air is more humid than that, so I guess I'll add water and try to keep it around 30% before adding eggs. One chick I helped out, he was still alive this morning. He is out of the shell finally, but not straightening out, guess he may not make it. Poor chickies....

final results are 3 chicks out of 39 eggs that went into the bator. they are healthy, got them out today, they drank and drank and drank! Obviously it was way too dry in the bator. Many eggs had pipped, but many more had done nothing, so now I will try with the still air LG with turner. Right now it is reading 100* and 16% humidity. I know the room air is more humid than that, so I guess I'll add water and try to keep it around 30% before adding eggs. One chick I helped out, he was still alive this morning. He is out of the shell finally, but not straightening out, guess he may not make it. Poor chickies....

oh my goodness, I'm so sorry. Are you going to open some of them and see what went wrong?

Back
Top Bottom