D'uccle breeders Database

Pics
Quote:
Wow she is beautiful! That is exactly what I am looking for, only mine wouldn't have to be show quality, just sweet, healthy, and those colors. I am in Oklahoma though, so not sure how to find one!

if you are just wanting pq try a hatchery (depends on how many you want as some hatcheries have min chick shipments and those who will ship less chicks also have higher prices for doing so). i might have some next year but the eggs i will be hatching there is no gurentee as to their color as i have a porcelian, a mille with porcelian hertage, and a self blue. i'm waiting till next year to get more babies. my self blue is hq and you can clearly see his wattles (which he shouldnt have any and i think his middle toes are bare which is a big no no) hes the one in my avatare and i think the people i got him from got him from ideal (he was an extra roo and they were given him away), but any babies from him will be nothing but pq and no offspring will be breed back to the 2 chicks that i believe are pullets, might breed back to him but my 2 babies here are from good lines so no breeding back to them.

Thank you - I only have space for one girl to keep my silkie girl company, and I need to get her as soon as possible because my silkie is lonely due to losing her "sister" last Friday to crop stasis. I seem to always pick the "hard to find" kinds of any animal to fall for!

i'm still looking for d'uccles. can you please post pics of your breeding flocks and if you show them and they have one. any infor on your flock would really be helpful. thank you

I purchased 6 bantam chickens at tsc before Easter. I had no idea what I had until today. Belgian d'Uccles. Holy Cow, they are sooo cute and sooo sweet. Im really tickeled with them and really can't believe how high they fly. They are struggling with this 105 degree weather tho. Any suggestions? I have been changing their water, using a fan, and wetting the dirt. Still lots of panting.

Sounds like you are doing about all you can except for freezing 2 liter soda bottles and putting them out there for them to stand on or at least get close enough to for extra cool air. Even doing that they melt down pretty fast in this heat but most of my birds love frozen bottles.

A mister works wonders! They are at Atwoods for about 9 dollars. They are plastic and stand up like a cobra. Attach it to your hose and the mist lowers the surrounding temp about 30 degrees. The chickens get wet, but they would rather be wet than dead of heat stroke. It has sure helped mine.

I wet down the sand in the runs, and feed fridge treats at dusk to cool them down for the night. Plus, there is an attic fan in the coop at all times, and one in the window on 100+ degree days.

I purchased 6 bantam chickens at tsc before Easter. I had no idea what I had until today. Belgian d'Uccles. Holy Cow, they are sooo cute and sooo sweet. Im really tickeled with them and really can't believe how high they fly. They are struggling with this 105 degree weather tho. Any suggestions? I have been changing their water, using a fan, and wetting the dirt. Still lots of panting.
make sure they have plenty of shade as well but even then mine can still get hot but even when the temps felt like 107 they were not panting with the complete shade they have

Okay so lets add some names to this data base it hasn't had any hits sine 2011 and there are a lot of pages. I am still looking for Non Hatchery Golden Necked and some more Mille's. I have not shown any of mine yet but would like to soon. I currently have a Black Mottled D'Uccle over Blue Mottled and 2 Fleur Mille's, and lots of chicks.
Next......

Thanks for all the advice. I have done all of it and they seem happy. Whats the demand for these little guys? I got into chickens mainly for the egg production, but I really like these babies and am wondering if I should start hatching their eggs? What do they normally sell for? If I wanted to start showing them, what direction should I take? Im lost. Help please.

Back
Top Bottom