D'uccle Thread

Think I should get them over the Cochins?
i would get both d'uccles and cochins
hide.gif
but if i had to choose i would so get the d'uccles first and for most over the cochins

Well I emailed the seller back to see if she would part with just one of them. Since she only has two I am not hopeful. A friend of mine has a yokohama that she may be willing to part with, or I could get one of Cochins. Since that person has 10+ of them it may be easier to get her to part with just one.

You have beautiful birds. I recently bought a batch of d'uccle chicks from Ideal. 25 Blue Milles, 5 Mille fleur, 3 porcelain, and 7 columbian buff. I can't tell what's what. Any suggestions?? I was told the blues throw blue, black, and splash. Will those black look just like the regular Milles?

So, updating my post from a LONG time ago; here are updated pics of my "D'Uccle Bantams" as they were told by the gender/breed board...

do you all agree still? I was also told that #1 is a pullet and #2 looked like a Roo...I know somewhere in these pages upon PAGES of posts about these awesome birds; that there is someone who must have said how to check on if they were pullets/roos...

however; without reading all these pages (almost impossible w/the kiddos), can anyone tell me here?

TIA and I truly do appreciate it...

#2:

How old are they? They both look like girls to me. :)
So, updating my post from a LONG time ago; here are updated pics of my "D'Uccle Bantams" as they were told by the gender/breed board...

do you all agree still? I was also told that #1 is a pullet and #2 looked like a Roo...I know somewhere in these pages upon PAGES of posts about these awesome birds; that there is someone who must have said how to check on if they were pullets/roos...

however; without reading all these pages (almost impossible w/the kiddos), can anyone tell me here?

TIA and I truly do appreciate it...

#2:

Okay, I have one porcelain d'uccle pullet(7 weeks old) and I got two more a few weeks back. They are 3 weeks old today and wouldn't you know it, I can't remember for the life of me what my pullet's comb looked like at this age. haha The shape and look of both of theirs is pretty similar to Waffle's comb so I'm wondering if they are both pullets too. Both their combs are identical in shape, size and color. Here are some pics.

Back
Top Bottom