D'uccle Thread

in the baby pics it appears that they don't have beards making me believe that you may have gotten booted bantams instead
Afraid you were right, breeder confirmed that the hens probably had an amorous visitor while she was away and someone else was watching the chickens. I will get my money back but that still leaves me without chickens :( Well, guess I might join you next year then!

I have three Millie fleur d'uccle... There 3 weeks.. Super cute, super sweet, I really hope there girls...
They all have combs but there not red is there anything else I should pay attention to..
I also have a Buff orp/ millie duccle.. Super cute.

Afraid you were right, breeder confirmed that the hens probably had an amorous visitor while she was away and someone else was watching the chickens. I will get my money back but that still leaves me without chickens
sad.png

Well, guess I might join you next year then!
Don't discount them yet!!!

They can still grow beards. Karl Urshel, the d'Uccle club president, frequently gets d'Uccles out of his booted bantam pens. So just keep an eye on them and see what happens next.

Afraid you were right, breeder confirmed that the hens probably had an amorous visitor while she was away and someone else was watching the chickens. I will get my money back but that still leaves me without chickens
sad.png

Well, guess I might join you next year then!

Hi Livi,

I don't know... have you seen pictures of the Booted Bantams? They are adorable, and your little ones are precious. From what I've read, the Booted are well worth owning! Whatever you decide to do, good luck with your chicken ownership :)

parker

Just lovely! Porcelain chicks are my absolute favorite... I have mille fleur, mottled blue, blue, porcelain, and white. These are such friendly birds and a great addition to any flock!

Quote:
Hi Livi,

I don't know... have you seen pictures of the Booted Bantams? They are adorable, and your little ones are precious. From what I've read, the Booted are well worth owning! Whatever you decide to do, good luck with your chicken ownership :)

parker
They are probably going to grow up to be beautiful chickens, it is just that I wanted pure breed ones for future breeding ;) I did not meant that I would be without chickens, only without this breed. My neighbors sister wanted to startup with chickens and she loves booted bantams so they will probably be rehomed and I will try again with hatching eggs next spring. Or I might end up keeping the pullets myself.

They are probably going to grow up to be beautiful chickens, it is just that I wanted pure breed ones for future breeding
wink.png
I did not meant that I would be without chickens, only without this breed. My neighbors sister wanted to startup with chickens and she loves booted bantams so they will probably be rehomed and I will try again with hatching eggs next spring. Or I might end up keeping the pullets myself.

I do know Booted Bantams are a pure breed, but of course, it's hard to know if your specific birds are. Sounds like you have a plan :)

parker

Quote: Originally Posted by Livi They are probably going to grow up to be beautiful chickens, it is just that I wanted pure breed ones for future breeding I did not meant that I would be without chickens, only without this breed. My neighbors sister wanted to startup with chickens and she loves booted bantams so they will probably be rehomed and I will try again with hatching eggs next spring. Or I might end up keeping the pullets myself. I do know Booted Bantams are a pure breed, but of course, it's hard to know if your specific birds are. Sounds like you have a plan :) parker

These chickens are probably a result of a visitor in the pen. And the breeder knows who he his and when it happened so they are not pure breed unless they look the part.

I have a plan yes! Unless I fill up to the brim with seramas meanwhile that is :lol:

Last edited:
My neighbors sister wanted to startup with chickens and she loves booted bantams so they will probably be rehomed and I will try again with hatching eggs next spring. Or I might end up keeping the pullets myself.
Maybe you can work out a deal and have the booted ladies still hatch your eggs for you! From what i hear these little hens like to brood A LOT.

Back
Top Bottom