Duck Addicts Anonymous (DAA)

Do you have too many ducks?

• Total voters
D661AD89-3463-4EF0-A28E-42E7829B7146.jpeg
My heavyweights went for a swim in the big pool today and I got a pic of my Saxony drake.

He’s my favourite duck, but I’ve yet to come up with a fitting name for him. I’ve thought maybe Sammy or Ace? Any suggestions?

View attachment 3031651My heavyweights went for a swim in the big pool today and I got a pic of my Saxony drake.

He’s my favourite duck, but I’ve yet to come up with a fitting name for him. I’ve thought maybe Sammy or Ace? Any suggestions?
Axle. I don't know why, but I really like that name. Other names are just some of the great "sax" players with strong names, just because...

* Charlie Parker
* Sonny
* Grover
* Benny
* Kenny G
* Dexter
* Hank

Edited to add: I know that saxophone is different from Saxony, but I can't help but to think about the other anytime either crosses my mind. I know I am probably an oddball 😂

Axle. I don't know why, but I really like that name. Other names are just some of the great "sax" players with strong names, just because...

* Charlie Parker
* Sonny
* Grover
* Benny
* Kenny G
* Dexter
* Hank

Edited to add: I know that saxophone is different from Saxony, but I can't help but to think about the other anytime either crosses my mind. I know I am probably an oddball 😂
I appreciate the suggestions! Of all those names I think honestly I like the name Dexter the most. I will definitely put that at the top and think on it a bit while I get a few more ideas/suggestions. Thanks

* Charlie Parker
* Sonny
* Grover
* Benny
* Kenny G
* Dexter
* Hank

That's no odder than me giving demon and dragon names to my roosters, because it's a love/hate relationship. (I have Mephistopheles, Krampus, and Quetzalcoatl currently.)

Edited to add: I know that saxophone is different from Saxony, but I can't help but to think about the other anytime either crosses my mind
I honestly called mine saxaphones a couple times because my brain has some kind of twisted auto correct.
I know I am probably an oddball
teen beach 2 GIF

IMG_20220320_173038286.jpg

From left to right: Cordon *cough, cough* bleu, princess chickling (a toddler called her a chickling and it stuck), lil ciggy (I'm hoping she'll hatch babies under her "smokin hot butt"), and macadamia (my other buff silkie is peanut).

The friend I was going to hatch runners for decided to hold off for now. All their chickens got killed by a predator and she's not feeling confident that she can have a secure housing situation for ducks.
I put the runners back in the main pen and separated out the pekins. Hopefully start collecting those eggs in a couple weeks. I'm just hoping they're fertile.

Back
Top Bottom