Duck Addicts Anonymous (DAA)

Do you have too many ducks?

• Total voters
i weighed them all.
Nerd Alert GIF

Spatula - 47
What a wee fatty!
they can’t eat their own poop… after a few tries
Well, they just sound like they weren't determined enough then.

This isn't new to all, but I thought some might find it oddly interesting. A few days ago before lock up, my Cayuga drake, Stormy, was trying to eat what I thought was an acorn.
20220319_225134.jpg

He moved it all around in his bill trying to situate it just right for swallowing and finally gave up and spit it out. I thought it looked like an odd acorn so I picked it up and discovered it wasn't an acorn after all! Check out this teeny tiny turtle hatchling! It's about the size of a dime. This poor little one was probably traumatized! Since then, thanks to one of my favorite people, I've learned that it's incredibly early for this hatchling, I've been keeping it in a safe spot, away from curious bills. It was already swimming around within minutes of being spat out so I don't think it has any injuries. It was just so odd
20220319_232449.jpg

20220319_232125.jpg

This isn't new to all, but I thought some might find it oddly interesting. A few days ago before lock up, my Cayuga drake, Stormy, was trying to eat what I thought was an acorn.
View attachment 3037744
He moved it all around in his bill trying to situate it just right for swallowing and finally gave up and spit it out. I thought it looked like an odd acorn so I picked it up and discovered it wasn't an acorn after all! Check out this teeny tiny turtle hatchling! It's about the size of a dime. This poor little one was probably traumatized! Since then, thanks to one of my favorite people, I've learned that it's incredibly early for this hatchling, I've been keeping it in a safe spot, away from curious bills. It was already swimming around within minutes of being spat out so I don't think it has any injuries. It was just so odd
View attachment 3037747
View attachment 3037746
Tiny Tiika! :love

Tiny Tiika! :love
Although tiny, my daughter learned that Tiika has quite the bite 🤣 I heard, "Mom, are you sure she's not a snapping turtle or is she just mean?". Poor little turtle is trying to protect herself. She's certainly off to a rough start and just doesn't want to end up in another mouth. Can we blame her? Nah........

View attachment 3037744
View attachment 3037747
View attachment 3037746
ugh, I love turtles!! Herps in general! What a beautiful little guy, thank you for helping him through this early hatching. In his defense, he may have been a very very late hatch from last year who Brumated (yes, it happens!) and just came out. He doesn’t have a yolk sack , from that pic, so he isn’t fresh hatched.

Back
Top Bottom