Duck belly doesn't look right

tiedyechick

Chirping
Apr 26, 2015
Ontario
this hatch has been awful. So far everyone's has made it. This is the last duck. Was the last one with no pip. Could hear cheep and a bit of rocking for about 30 hours. I got nervous and made a safety hole.
Many of the others were stuck in the shell with a snot like substance. I helped when the time was right.
But this guy still with no progress and cheeps getting less often and little movement. I made the safety hole bigger. And saw the slime covering it and the veins most gone. Dabbed it with warm water and left it for a bit. Came back it was moving its mouth like it was trying to pip or zip but couldn't move. So I slowl chipped away at the shell. Then left it to push out on its own. It pushed out shortly after. But it's belly button isn't closed what should I do?
It's also occasionally trembling almost like its shivering.
Will it be ok?
All the others are in the brooder already so it's alone resting in the incubator

He wasn't quite ready to hatch. He hadn't absorbed all the way and the hole in his stomach hadn't finished closing. Still, that's not too bad. Give him time and it should close up on its own. Just try to keep him from dragging it around - maybe put him in a cup lined with paper towels until it closes.

He wasn't quite ready to hatch. He hadn't absorbed all the way and the hole in his stomach hadn't finished closing. Still, that's not too bad. Give him time and it should close up on its own. Just try to keep him from dragging it around - maybe put him in a cup lined with paper towels until it closes.
thank you. It's the only one left and is laying resting in the incubator. The lights are off in the room it's in so I do think it will move around munch.

Back
Top Bottom