Duck Breed Focus - Crested Ducks

@Tevyes Dad thank you! I missed the APA SOP entry date when I did the write-up. Good thing I have you all adding and correcting after my wooly headed efforts at the moment LOL

Oh my gosh... those pics, that face!
love.gif
I'll bet he's spoiled rotten.

@Tevyes Dad thank you! I missed the APA SOP entry date when I did the write-up. Good thing I have you all adding and correcting after my wooly headed efforts at the moment LOL

Oh my gosh... those pics, that face!
love.gif
I'll bet he's spoiled rotten.
I would have never paid attention at all if I didn't have one and wonder about it. And YES
roll.png
, he is spoiled rotten - by everyone!!!

These are my crested Appleyards- Poof (the one with the big poof) and Daisy (the white one with a small poof). When i was looking to buy ducks (just as pets), i found out that there is a huge variety of breeds to choose from. I settled on appleyards because of the egg production number and their size. I had no idea at that time that they come crested as well! When i went to pick them out (of 400 ducks), i thought they looked the most interesting and exotic as well as comical. I had to get them! I love when people see them and go "what's that on his head??". Most people had never seen a crested duck.
My favorite characteristic about the crested ducks is their comical hair-dos, of course! When my duck Poof eats, his poof bobs back and forth as he's shoveling food down his beak:D

Back
Top Bottom