duck coops

Dog house? I got a cedar doghouse on Craigslist that's in pretty good shape and am putting hinges on the top so I can swing it open to clean. It was $75, but I've seen smaller ones (suitable for 2) that they'd be find seeking shelter in. You could throw that into a chain link dog kennel and be pretty good in terms of housing. If you have predators, top with some sort of mesh, and wrap in a layer of hardware cloth that goes 2 feet up the sides and is buried 1 foot.

A doghouse could definitely work, but do you have a predator proof pen? or will you need to lock them into a house at night, those questions will play a role in the kind of housing you will need.

welcome-byc.gif

I need to lock them up at night because I have lost my whole flock before on fox, raccoons, and possums.

Okay, are you able to build? one i do like is the minimalist coop from chicken coops for dummies.. It would be perfect for two scovies.. it has excellent venting and does allow light in(which is a major not negotiable with me) it's a fairly straightforward build, i made one for my calls ducks lol yes, a tad big.. i think big here a little to much.

Back
Top Bottom