Duck Fajitas Tacos

Oregon Blues

Crowing
8 Years
Apr 14, 2011
Central Oregon
Now, about the rewards of going to all the work to raise and process meat birds.

Last might I made duck fajitas tacos. Oh wow. You don't get that in a flash frozen microwave dinner from the grocery store.

Fry up sliced onions and peppers with slices of duck. Serve on corn tortillas with avocado, sour cream, salsa, cheese, and shredded lettuce. Duck is unbelievably good in a taco.

My "prep chef" has been complaining about de-boning raw duck. So this time, I roasted the duck first. The meat popped right off the bone super easy after it was cooked. I used one breast to make teriyaki duck and rice noodles. The rest of the duck was used to make duck fajitas.

If you threw a dead duck at me and wanted it deboned I'd complain too! :lau Higher pay!

The tacos sound delicious!!

I have 4 Rouens my honey bought for pets, but they're now 3+ years old and I don't think he'd care if I butchered them. They eat way too much and I'm thinking they're gonna go soon............maybe this recipe can help him along? Thanks so much, it sounds yummy.

Course, pretty much anything with avocado sounds yummy!

Sounds good! We have 8 fertile and growing duck eggs in the incubator right now so I'm on the lookout for stockpiling some duck recipes. Since the goal was always to be as self-sufficient as possible and raise our own food ... but these egg babies will be the first ducks we've actually processed ... if we get that far. Lol.

Did you use any seasoning on the duck meat?
But, I guess with the salsa you probably don't have to.

Did you make the salsa also?

Just the red bell peppers and onions and a bit of salt on the duck. I made the salsa, but had to buy the tomatoes. I had a massive garden fail this year. My tomatoes are still green and it will be freezing outside very soon.

When I have really good meat, I try to be subtle with the seasonings. I want the flavor of the meat to shine through,. Now supermarket hamburger is different. You want to disguise the flavor of that stuff. The home raised duck, on the other hand, is superb and I want to be able to taste duck.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom