Duck Housing & Setup

PouleNoire

Crowing
7 Years
Sep 13, 2015
Pennsylvania
What do you use for your ducks housing and what not? We got 2 pekin ducks this year, they are 4 weeks old so we have to start thinking about what they are going to live in. If they are males we will keep them separate from the chickens, if they are female we may let them wander with the chickens during the day. What do you do with your ducks? Please post pics!!! Thank you!

I used to have a duck house, chicken house and food house.
We merged the duck and chicken house into one duplex, so now it is the chicken level and the ground floor duck level lol
and still have the food house

I have 4 ducks in the lower level with room for a couple of more and 1 chicken (and 2 new chicks) in the upper level with room for a couple more as well.
They are free range other than during the summer and early fall when the local fox family uses my birds for hunting practice, so now my girls are penned during that time and only free range with somebody sitting outside with them.
Their pen is 25x25. The initial pen was only 4' tall, so one of the chickens flew out and became fox food :( and my mallard duck also flew out (we hadn't clipped her wings yet) and was likely fox food as well.
New pen is 7' tall, so nobody should be flying out. My ducks don't fly and the chickens hopefully won't fly up on the food house roof, then their roof and over - nobody shows inclination so far to try that and hopefully it stays that way!

Back
Top Bottom