Duck or chicken eggs??

sunnie7

Crowing
7 Years
Oct 24, 2016
Southern Indiana
Mine have me so confused....I thought 4 sure I've been getting duck eggs and 1 chicken is laying dark brown eggs, just started Laying this week. I checkEd yesterday twice for eggs once late evening, nothing. I'm pretty sure I have 2 female and a male duck. then this morning I have 5 eggs....2 dark brown chicken ones, one defiantly duck and 2 other that I'm pretty sure are duck but a bit smaller, shell looks exact same as the larger one though and a bit more rounded at top. They are all laying in the corner of the coop floor so I know I didn't miss them yesterday. So either a duck laid late yesterday evening then again this morning, or I Really have 3 female ducks and one thinks it's a boy and is trying to mate her sisters OR I can't tell the difference in duck and chicken eggs?!?!?
F9043D15-5845-46C5-A6E9-C9D4E6D52C55.jpeg

In a picture white duck eggs and white chicken eggs look the same to me as a few of my hens lay eggs that are shaped like duck eggs. The duck egg shell is thicker, denser looking-less porous, somewhat waxy looking and smoother.

Back
Top Bottom