Duck Wiggles has a little tear by eye unsure what happened

PollitolovesPio

Songster
7 Years
Nov 30, 2016
This is wiggles and this appeared yesterday out of the blue. He is on erythromycin ophthalmic ointment twice a day. He is eating and acting normal but he is the biggest drama duck I have and also my beloved baby. Any suggestions on this injury. It’s small and his eye is fine but I am not sure if I should take him to his vet.

Attachments

• IMG_4250.jpeg
    IMG_4250.jpeg
    292.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4251.jpeg
    IMG_4251.jpeg
    326.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4252.png
    IMG_4252.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 8
Since you just started the eye ointment you might want to give it a few days to see if it will help. Have you been rising the eye with saline rinse? there are recipes online for the eyes.

Hi my friend. Yes I have been rinsing his eye but only with fresh water not saline. I will do that today I did not know we could. I also made an appointment for him tomorrow with his doctor. I will feel more at ease having him see wiggles. As he might want to give him some antibiotics orally as well. Thank you I will keep everyone updated.

Wiggles went to the doctor he gave wiggles this medicine picture here. Said we will wait two weeks to see how all heals if not he will do surgery to stitch up the corner. Wiggles enjoyed his visit as he got treat hugs and pictures taken. He loves attention. Pictures of him in car rides and his medicine. 🙏❤️

Attachments

• IMG_4262.jpeg
    IMG_4262.jpeg
    295.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4263.jpeg
    IMG_4263.jpeg
    366.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4269.jpeg
    IMG_4269.jpeg
    368.9 KB · Views: 6
Yes I found out how he did it. Scratch was due to him trying to get out after waffles through a lifted gate of plastic. The doctor gave him meds and told me to watch it for two weeks to see if it gets better but the eye lid surgery is his recommendation. We will see I will let you all know. 🙏❤️

Update:

wiggles surgery set for 9:30am Monday the 29th of April.
He is miserable as his eye is watery and it’s watery down his left side. By the way he is acting (not like his usual self) I believe he is uncomfortable so it’s scheduled. It should be very minor but I always worry he is our baby. Please keep him in your prayers. God willingi I will pick him up at 2 pm the same day. He will be sent home on pain meds and azithromycin and he will receive an antibiotic injection I won’t be able to rest until he is ok. I am just wondering the aftercare. I will put him and waffles to sleep inside with me to keep an eye on him. Just wondering how long is the recovery and if the stitches come off on their own or the Dr will remove them ? Soon I will know all this. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏❤️

Any surgery is worrisome when it is our pets, but Hopefully Wiggles will come through with flying colors. I'm sorry the meds did help but it will soon be over and he'll be on the road to healing.
Keep us updated on surgery and after. 🙏 ❤️

I will definitely let you know. I am nervous since I made the appointment yesterday. No appetite for me either. I hate when they are sick. Pls keep him in your prayers. 🙏❤️

Update.
Awesome outcome and he is a happy Duck.
The Pembroke Pones Ankmsl Hospital Dr Garret. Amazing vet. Great work and our baby is happy. Thank God and all your prayers. He is now on azithromycin drops 2ml and meloxicam for pain and new antibiotic ointment. 🙏❤️

Attachments

• IMG_4286.jpeg
    IMG_4286.jpeg
    717.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4287.jpeg
    IMG_4287.jpeg
    505.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4288.png
    IMG_4288.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4290.png
    IMG_4290.png