Duck with ripped up wings and possible illness in flock (Warning: Bloody feather pictures)

picklestheduck

Obsessed with Animals🦆🐓🐥🐴🐱🐶
Premium Feather Member
Oct 16, 2021
Michigan
Hey yall I have an Indian runner duck who has stopped laying recently and I think she might be molting, but this morning she came out with her back all bloody. I know its mating season, but this seems like a bit much! I brought her in and cleaned her up, and then put her back, only to find her all bloody again. I put her and one of the males who has been getting picked on in a horse trailer for now. Any ideas? Also...I've noticed some sneezing, head shaking, and shivering in the flock....someone in the family let them out to free range a while back and have continued to...and there are some wild ducks and geese around.....does that sound like possible avian influenza? I also noticed the wattles and comb on one of the hens patchy and paler. If so...anything I can do? And if it is and if some die...will they all die? I've been giving them electrolytes, probiotics, and vitamin C. I told my family to absolutely stop letting them out.

Attachments

• 1648318250928.png
    1648318250928.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 32
  • 1648318280407.png
    1648318280407.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
  • Cheese and Pickles in a trailer.jpeg
    Cheese and Pickles in a trailer.jpeg
    437.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Cheese Ripped wing 4.jpeg
    Cheese Ripped wing 4.jpeg
    256.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Cheese Ripped wing 3.jpeg
    Cheese Ripped wing 3.jpeg
    266 KB · Views: 6
  • Cheese Baby in the pan.jpeg
    Cheese Baby in the pan.jpeg
    350.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Cheese Ripped wing 2.jpeg
    Cheese Ripped wing 2.jpeg
    231 KB · Views: 6
  • Cheese Ripped wing 1.jpeg
    Cheese Ripped wing 1.jpeg
    241.6 KB · Views: 7
Oh and also avian influenza has been confirmed in the county next door. I'm like freaking out but I feel like it might be too late... :hit I'm legit so mad at myself:he😭😭😭😖😖

Back
Top Bottom