Duckling 1 week old has fever please help

eibweN

In the Brooder
May 2, 2024
I saw a thread about how to save the duckling with same symptoms but since there's no reply to my question there I figured I'd ask here.

The duckling is gasping for air and is trembling it's beak and feet are hot, I don't have any supplements but I just bought one I hope it will reach on time but it's 3 days least. Any alternatives please?? I'm giving it a bath now and then to cool off but I don't know if it's gonna cure it. I can't buy brewers yeast because it's expensive for me I'm still a student and on a budget I figured to buy probiotics and electrolytes first.

If you mean this one, you had one of our duck experts helping you, but if you have more issues, I would start your own thread in the Duck Forum. I mostly know chickens, but I do know niacin is absolutely necessary for ducks to thrive. If you don't have any yet, try feed your duck some fresh, frozen, or dried peas. It's not enough niacin but it could help it if that's the problem until you get some brewers yeast or other niacin supplement.

I wish you the best of luck with your duck. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom