Duckling broader setups

Jellybean05

Songster
Mar 23, 2018
Princeton north Carolina
Hello! I need help. I don't know how to setup my brooder box for my ducklings I'd like it to be nice and clean and safe. I just don't know what to use. I want some pictures of you guys setup and how to make whats in there such as feeders and waterers and bedding .
I hope you don't mind if I copied anything I think might be helpful.
:highfive:

20180325_152512.jpg
20180325_153255.jpg
Probably posting this in the duck forum would be better than here. But, here is what I have for a duckling brooder.

I see this has been moved to the duck forum. :thumbsup
My brooder is the same. A kiddie pool with pine shavings. I used containers with the lid cut out so that the ducklings could fully dip their nares in. I have since changed to a milk jug with a bigger hole cut out since they are bigger and need more water.
I just put some welded wire around the kiddie pool and hooked it together with a carabiner. The heat lamp was fixed to a table near by. I now have cardboard around the welded wire because since my ducks are muscovies, they can grab on to the sides of the pool and tried to get through the welded wire. They no longer have the heat lamp. You switch things up as they grow to work in the stage they are at.

I see this has been moved to the duck forum. :thumbsup
My brooder is the same. A kiddie pool with pine shavings. I used containers with the lid cut out so that the ducklings could fully dip their nares in. I have since changed to a milk jug with a bigger hole cut out since they are bigger and need more water.
I just put some welded wire around the kiddie pool and hooked it together with a carabiner. The heat lamp was fixed to a table near by. I now have cardboard around the welded wire because since my ducks are muscovies, they can grab on to the sides of the pool and tried to get through the welded wire. They no longer have the heat lamp. You switch things up as they grow to work in the stage they are at.
I will post a pic of my ducklings setup soon!

Back
Top Bottom