Duckling seizure??

RebelsHope

Songster
12 Years
Jul 27, 2007
wisconsin
I visited a local lady, very nice. I picked up three East Indies ducklings. When I got them home and settled in one laid on its side paddled around in a circle. I thought that maybe it just fell and up righted it, it continued to run, and then fell back in the same spot. The duckling seemed to be having a seizure. The duckling is a week old. He did eat some of the feed and drink but it is not medicated and I have used the same brand of food to raise other ducklings and they were all alright. I have had him for 24 hours and have not seem him do it again, but I have not been watching them all the time either.

Any ideas?

Maybe they haven't had niacin. Ducks need this more than chickens. You can buy it at walmart in capsule form and use the powder inside in the water or feed. JUST a LITTLE though. I would read up on this to make sure to get the right measurements and more info on it. I give mine flock raiser and also add niacin because so many people on here mentioned and said it was important. This is only a suggestion. It may not be the problem. Just thought it might help. GOOD LUCK!!
wink.png

Thanks!

I don't shop at Wal Mart but I can pick it up at one of the many other stores in my community.

I didn't know that ducklings needed extra niacin. So I'll give that a try. I haven't seen any thing else weird happen.

Back
Top Bottom