Ducks and goats

Mar 7, 2021
I am about to adopt some goats and the owner of them said that if I put them with or near the ducks or pigs the goats will get diseases. Should I be concerned if one of my pigs or ducks gets in the same pen? All the ducks I get in are quarantined for 30 days and fecal samples are taken before coming near my flock.

I've had ducks and sheep together, the sheep instantly took a big drink out of the duck pool...and all got sick. So what we did was put a fence around the duck pool with spaces big enough for the ducks to get through, but too small for the sheep. We gave the sheep some wormer, they got better, and we never had any problems after that. I don't know if you would have problems with duck manure in the goat's pasture, is wasn't a problem with the sheep though, just the pool was problematic.

I've had ducks and sheep together, the sheep instantly took a big drink out of the duck pool...and all got sick. So what we did was put a fence around the duck pool with spaces big enough for the ducks to get through, but too small for the sheep. We gave the sheep some wormer, they got better, and we never had any problems after that. I don't know if you would have problems with duck manure in the goat's pasture, is wasn't a problem with the sheep though, just the pool was problematic.
The ducks have 30 acres to roam so I don’t think that will be a problem. I don’t have a pond yet just swimming pools that will be away from them.

Back
Top Bottom