ducks can have stokes right?

call ducks

silver appleyard addict
13 Years
Mar 4, 2009
waterville , canada
ducks can have stokes right? i have a runner drake the has lost use of one of his lags , the bone does not seem to be broken, and is not stiff. can you all help me out

Yes, ducks can have strokes. How old is the drake? There are also some nerve problems they can have. Any more information? Injury that you know about, or trauma (like being attacked or almost attacked?)

Quote:
age (maybe around 3-5 yr) no know attcks. dad says it seems like , it has no tendent (sp?) the lag is just draging behinde the drake

Ducks can pull tendons and muscles. I would give him vitamin electrolyte mix (that is the first thing I do when something is not right, just to help them heal and keep their strength). Check for signs of infection, too, just in case. I have read stories of ducks who slowly recover from such a problem. You may need to separate him from others if he cannot keep up or defend himself.

Quote:
thank you , we thought that he might have pulled some thing , i have some electrolyte mix , i also give any thing that has a problem the electrolyte to , no infection

Well, it is always encouraging to see people who want to do the best they can for their ducks.

Keep an eye on that guy - please let us know how he does!

Quote:
yes, i hade a call duck that we think was picked in the eye , brought her in put her in a box with eltralight (sp?) water that bosted her system , and i think helped her fight of the infftion , we took her out to night

somad.gif
ok , this morring a duck is limping , not the runner drake , but a sxony female. we have no clue what is going on
barnie.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom