Apr 25, 2021
Two months ago I owned 17 healthy, happy 2-year-old ducks. Today I own only 11 ducks.
So about 3 weeks ago, one morning I found one of females dead. Since then I've had 5 other ducks die. And, it's all been 6 females, I've lost no drakes. I'm so confused and sad. I don't know what to do. They have no symptoms, they just die. They'll be eating, drinking, playing, etc one hour and be dead the next, it seems. Are they just going to die one by one until I have none left??!! :hitPlease, I'm at a loss, I need help. Can somebody help me?? Any advice?
I treated all my birds for coccidia and worms just 2 months ago.

Thank you in advance. Any help I can get is
appreciated!!
~MapleValleyAcresPoultry

Two months ago I owned 17 healthy, happy 2-year-old ducks. Today I own only 11 ducks.
So about 3 weeks ago, one morning I found one of females dead. Since then I've had 5 other ducks die. And, it's all been 6 females, I've lost no drakes. I'm so confused and sad. I don't know what to do. They have no symptoms, they just die. They'll be eating, drinking, playing, etc one hour and be dead the next, it seems. Are they just going to die one by one until I have none left??!! :hitPlease, I'm at a loss, I need help. Can somebody help me?? Any advice?
I treated all my birds for coccidia and worms just 2 months ago.

Thank you in advance. Any help I can get is
appreciated!!
~MapleValleyAcresPoultry
Oh no! I'm sorry. Are they still laying?
What breed are they? Any chance they could be eating anything toxic?
You might want to send one off to have a necropsy done. It's usually not too expensive, and then you'll know what you're dealing with.

Oh no! I'm sorry. Are they still laying?
What breed are they? Any chance they could be eating anything toxic?
You might want to send one off to have a necropsy done. It's usually not too expensive, and then you'll know what you're dealing with.
No, they only laid in the spring.
They are a mix between Khaki Campbell/Cayuga/Black Runner.
I don't think so. We don't have anything toxic really that they could get to.

I've called every single vet in our area and nobody does necropsy or even sees poultry. I called seriously 20+ vets, no joke. Nobody even accepts poultry (live or dead)

Sorry for your losses. I strongly suggest that you have one necropsied or do your own necropsy. Not positive, but I think TN does free or inexpensive backyard poultry necropsies.
Thank you.
I've called every single vet in our area and nobody does necropsy or even sees poultry. I called seriously 20+ vets, no joke. Nobody even accepts poultry (live or dead).

Back
Top Bottom