Ducks, geese, and chickens

Chickenlover88

Songster
12 Years
May 10, 2007
Dallas, Georgia
My run is very large right now I only have my duck in it. My oegb chickens (very tiny bantams) are living in a large dog kennel right now. I was just wondering if eventually my geese, ducks and chickens can all eventually live together?

A lot of mine live together without problem. The ducks will really make a mess with the water, so set the waterer on gravel for drainage so that the chickens dont have to stand in mud to drink.

chel

They should do fine together. Since you have goslings, I would start the intro soon, with the OEG. That way they get to know eachother before the gosslings get huge! But yeah they should be fine, but like Eggchel said, put the watere on gravel for drainage if they are kept i a run.
smile.png

Our first ducks were introduced as adults. they sleep in their own shed, while the chickens have a coop. To be honest, they don't really interact at all in the yard. They speak different body-languages and basicly just ignore each other - seem to treat each other as animated lawn orniments.

-Frank

Back
Top Bottom